Punjab’s Bright Idea: 50,000 Homes to Shine with Solar Power

punjab's bright idea 50,000 homes to shine with solar power

The Punjab government is launching the Roshan Gharana program to bring solar energy to 50,000 households, aiming to promote renewable energy. Under the plan, consumers will chip in 25% of the solar panel cost, while the government and commercial financing will cover the remaining 75%.

What makes this initiative stand out is its distribution approach. Solar panels will be allocated through a lottery system, ensuring fairness and equal opportunity for all applicants.

Discussions are ongoing about the proposal’s details, with the Department of Energy actively participating. The Punjab Chief Minister is anticipated to receive a comprehensive update on the program’s advancement soon.

This move signifies a significant stride toward sustainable living, utilizing solar power to illuminate homes and easing the strain on traditional energy sources.